The first time I played The Sims 4, I took my Sim down to the library to read a skill book. What the skill book was, I do not recall, but I was rather disappointed that there wasn’t any in the library. Therefore; my Sim went on scavenger hunt for collectibles to sell in hope to earn enough money to purchase some books. That didn’t go over to well as he didn’t find much of anything of value. So, my libraries didn’t get used much.
Not long ago I decided it was time to finish up one the skills centers I have been working on and thought I would test something out and it worked! I discovered a way to choose what books are in my libraries and it worked! Now my townies can gain all sorts of skills while on community lots! You can also use this for the books your sims have written!
You will need Get to Work in order for this to work!
- Load up any community lot you would like to either add or alter the books in the book case. Seeing how I was building my Performing Arts Academy I chose a library.
- Change the lot to retail and exit the lot.
- Go to your household and have them purchase the retail lot.
- Purchase the books you would like to have and then return to the retail lot you had just purchased. If the lot doesn’t already have a bookcase you will need to buy one.
- Click on the bookcase and choose open.
Once it is open transfer the books you just bought from your inventory into the book case.
- Sell the retail lot.
- Go into build mode and change it back to the lot type it was or choose another.
Exit build mode and have your Sims read the books you just added to the lot.